People all over the world have been drinking tea for thousands of centuries, and for good reason. Numerous studies have shown that a variety of teas may boost your immune system, fight off inflammation, and even ward off cancer and heart disease.
While some brews provide more health advantages than others, there’s plenty of evidence that regularly drinking tea can have a lasting impact on your wellness.
Healthcaliber explores the biggest benefits hidden in the world’s most popular teas.
Herbal teas, sometimes called tisanes, contain a blend of herbs, spices, fruits or other plants in addition to tea leaves. Herbal teas don’t contain caffeine, which is why they’re known for their calming properties.
There are numerous types of herbal teas, all with their unique benefits. Some of the most popular herbal teas include:
- Chamomile tea – Helps to reduce menstrual pain and muscle spasms, improves sleep and relaxation, and reduces stress
- Rooibos – Improves blood pressure and circulation, boosts good cholesterol while lowering bad cholesterol, keeps hair strong and skin healthy, and provides relief from allergies
- Peppermint – Contains menthol, which can soothe an upset stomach and serve as a cure for constipation, irritable bowel syndrome and motion sickness. This tea variety also offers pain relief from tension headaches and migraines.
- Ginger – Helps to fight against morning sickness, can be used to treat chronic indigestion and helps to relieve joint pain caused by osteoarthritis
- Hibiscus – Lowers blood pressure and fat levels, improves overall liver health, can starve off cravings for unhealthy sweets, and may prevent the formation of kidney stones
Try our Valerian Deep Sleep Tea, which has a combination of Camomille, Lavender, Spearmint, Peganum Harmala, Valerian Root, Lemon Balm, Rose Hips, Licorice.
For aches and pains, try our Inflammation Relief Tea, which is made with a soothing herbal blend for stress and inflammation.
Use code TEATIME20 for 20% off all our teas.
Green tea originates from China, where the leaves are processed with heat using a pan-firing or roasting method and Japan, where the leaves are more commonly steamed.
Green tea is exceptionally high in flavonoids that can help boost your heart health by lowering bad cholesterol and reducing blood clotting. Studies show this type of tea can also help lower blood pressure, triglycerides and total cholesterol.
Other research has also found that green tea has a possible impact on liver, breast, prostate and colorectal cancers. This tea variety has also shown to be anti-inflammatory, which helps keep your skin clear and glowing.
In recent years, matcha – a form of green tea – has grown in popularity. Matcha is a very fine, high-quality green tea powder made from the entire leaves of tea bushes grown in the shade. Since it is the only form of tea in which the leaves are ingested, matcha contains even more antioxidants that regular green tea. In fact, some have suggested that one cup of matcha is the equivalent to 10 cups of regular green tea.
Black tea is made from the leaves of the Camellia sinensis plant, the same plant that’s used to make green tea. However, the leaves are dried and fermented, giving black tea a darker color and richer flavor.
Unlike many other varieties, black tea is caffeinated, so it’s important to monitor your intake. When you do pour yourself a cup of black tea, you benefit from flavonoids that combat inflammation and support healthy immune function.
Give your immune system a boost with our Organic Black Tea. Use code TEATIME20 to save 20% upon check out.
However, you don’t have to merely drink black tea to benefit from its healthy properties. It can be steamed, cooled and then pressed on minor cuts, scrapes and bruises to relieve pain and reduce swelling. A black tea bath can also ease inflammation caused by skin rashes and conditions such as poison ivy.
Looking for the perfect gift for a tea lover in your life? Check out our Tea Lovers Gift Set. Don't forget to use code TEATIME20 for 20% off when you check out!
The combination of tea and cannabis makes sense: Combining the active ingredients in cannabis (such as the cannabinoid CBD) with therapeutic herbs and spices produces a unique holistic remedy that can support a healthy body, mind and spirit.
Five benefits of CBD Tea:
- Supporting guy health
- Managing stress
- Treating occasional aches and pains
- Reducing Sleeplessness
- Anti-inflammation properties
Check out our CBD Tea collection, use code TEATIME20 for 20% off!
Enjoy and stay safe!